How it works
Our Model for Multiplication
At Global Disciples, our Great Commission strategy is simple: empower local churches to teach their people how to be disciple makers in areas that are least-reached by the Gospel, and give them the tools they need to lead and economically sustain their ministries. Our training model is both reproducible and locally sustainable.
We train ordinary men and women, young and old, to share the Gospel, make disciples, and plant churches among least-reached people.
Global Disciples trains church directors
We work in partnership with local church clusters by training a leader from among them who becomes their chosen director to teach, equip, and send out their own people. These people are then sent out as disciple-makers, sharing the Gospel and planting churches among least-reached people.
Annually, the director trains 15 disciple-makers
Once trained, the directors return to their local church cluster and train other leaders as disciple-makers and church planters.
On outreach, the 15 disciple-makers reach 71 new disciples
After going through training, the disciple-makers are sent to communities and people groups where Jesus Christ is unknown, to begin the work of evangelism and church planting.
This results in three new churches planted with an average of 25 new disciples in each church
Our ongoing support means a director will continue training emerging leaders year after year, and see many more disciple-makers trained, new programs launched and churches planted.
The Global Disciples Approach contains three interlocking parts of a greater strategy to multiply disciples and churches among least-reached people. We see the most significant and lasting multiplication and impact when all three trainings are working together.
Discipleship Mission Training
Our first phase trains believers to share their faith, make disciples, and plant churches.
Small Business Training
Our second phase provides new church planters with the skills and expertise to generate funds so they can sustain their work among least-reached people, gain access or have a presence in an unreached community, and in some cases provide employment opportunities for those in that community.
Our third phase includes a simple, practical, and affordable strategy for developing leaders for church planting. On-the-field leadership training ensures disciple-makers and their new church fellowships will grow and mature spiritually under Christ-like leaders and mentors.
In order to launch and fund a training program, we require at least three churches to form a cluster. This promotes local accountability, increases potential for support, and broadens engagement. Program directors are selected from the supporting churches and then trained by Global Disciples. All discipleship-mission and leadership programs are owned and operated by local indigenious churches.
This discipleship-mission and leadership model can be reproduced by those who’ve participated in the training, so disciple-makers who plant churches can reproduce the training with new believers, equipping and sending out a new wave of disciple-making church planters. A significant advantage to our approach is how quickly it can facilitate rapid multiplication and impact.
Our proven training model is locally sustained. Leadership programs are self-funded from the beginning and discipleship-mission programs are fully supported by local resources within four years. The indigenous local church cluster supports the program by providing 55% of the first year’s budget and Global Disciples provides the remaining 45% seed funds. Each year, the percentage contributed locally increases, and the percentage from Global’s seed funds decreases. By the fourth year, all funds come from the local churches and supporting partners.
Give monthly, reach the world.
Join our community of monthly donors bringing the Good News of Jesus to least-reached people groups around our world.